Friday, 21 March 2014

Calling all readers...

... (and English teachers)


Over Easter I'm going to ask my students to pick a book to read. However, I'm also going to be encouraging them to use the school's library. Our library is fairly well stocked, which is good as I have a lot of kids. However, while I know of quite a few books, and our lovely librarian has pointed me in the direction of a good few more, my lists are still comparatively short.

This is where I'd like your help.

Basically I'm looking for suggestions for one or more of my three sections on the list.

A) Books for students who's reading age is below their actual age

B) Books for reluctant readers

C) Books for keen readers


I'll be asking my classes in y7, 8, 9 and 10 to pick some books. So, if you do offer a suggestion could you a) indicate which section and b) which year group. I'll then check to see if it's in the library (or if it can be ordered in) and then add it to the list.

I will, of course, also be asking for recommendations from the students themselves.


Please leave me some suggestions, either on Twitter or in the comments.

Thanks!

Lotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment