The quotation in the title is something I just heard on the radio. I wasn't completely paying attention, but this line jumped out. I've been pondering it ever since. Can you only live out your fantasies through art? Is art solely about living out your fantasies? I thought it was a ridiculous statement at first, but I'm warming to the idea. Then I think, actually, that experiences allow you to live out your fantasies - art isn't necessarily a part of it. I'm sure I'll change my mind again.
This post wasn't to wonder about radio statements.
Writing has recommenced and I feel so much better for it. It's the school holidays. I went to Italy. The journey was long (and part of a school trip), but I finished Amanda Palmer's 'The Art of Asking', which is a brilliant read. It definitely made me think about my own opinions on 'asking' (and why I'm so reluctant to do it).
I took some time away from work. I took some time away from the internet. I left the country. I did different things, made new and exciting plans. I made some big decisions. I think it's this which has allowed me to start writing again.
Today is a concrete grey, rainy, typically British day.
I am filled with ideas and inspirations.
Hopefully this blog will reflect more of the 'writer' in me rather than the recent uncertainty.
Watch this space...
No comments:
Post a Comment